Monday 16 January 2012

Home Made Presents and Treats 01. - Holiday Treat

This year I decided to make DIY presents and desserts. I believe it is more personal and shows that you have actually devoted time and efford to someone. You did not just pop to the store and be done with it.

My mother-in-law hosted this year's Christmas lunch. Usually guests bring wine and desserts to lunch. So we bought a couple of reds (Megas Oinos red wine, oh my God!) and I decided to bake something, to go with our coffee after lunch.

 I went for Cupcakes of course! But I had a great idea for the presentation!!!!

This is a sketch for the bow....
 This is the cookie dough in red colour for the bow.....
Cutting the bow pieces....


Classic green buttercream....
Preparing the cupcakes.......




Adding the chocolates.....

Baking (in my brand new birthday present... the CUPCAKE MAKER!!!!!!!!)

 Classic vanilla cupcakes.....

 With a chocolate surprise .....

And voila!

 Christmas cupcake wreath!!!!!


 Little red cookie bits!
Lemon cookie bow!!!

So so good! Everybody loved it! Both for the taste and the presentation!!!

No comments: