Wednesday 23 May 2012

Brown Sugar Strawberry jam!

Whenever I have time in the morning, usually on Sundays, I like to have a nice rich breakfast.
So I prepare orange juice, a cheese and ham toast, jam and some home baked bread or even muffins and cereal with milk, nice hot coffee...
Sunday is my free (off diet...) day, so I try to enjoy myself!

Generally I make my own jams, I rarely buy ready made ones. Whenecer I have fruit that is a week old, I turn them to jam. This way I always have jams on hand to use on bread, in a pie or in a pastaflora tart!

This time I had some strawberries, so I made some jam..... with a twist...

I added brown sugar and a tablespoon of butter...

I use the Kenwood Bread Maker and its recipe, which also makes cakes, jams, pizza dough and other delicious things!

I cut the strawberries in rather large pieces.
I put everything in the bin. Can you see the brown sugar and the butter?
Love the dark colour.

Yum!




Glorious morning!
The picture does not do it justice.
It was actually a lot brighter and the sea had such a vivid blue colour! There were a couple of ships in the horizon and you could see the masts of the yachts down at the marina.This is the view from my terrace!!
So serene!

No comments: