Tuesday 15 May 2012

Coconut Cupcakes!

My mom has a couple of close friends and they meet regularly for afternoon tea! Not a Greek tradition, but a nice one though! They have many varieties of teas and a lot of delicious treats.

They met the other day and since I had promised them to make a little something, I decided to bake a few cupcakes.

I chose coconut cupcakes with cocoa buttercream.
The recipe is very easy. I just made my favorite vanilla cake and simply added shredded sweet coconut.
The buttercream is a simple one with butter, powdered sugar and a little heavy cream, I just added cocoa powder.

The batter is not very liquidy...


I always weigh my cupcakes...

Just out from the oven...

The buttercream is not very dark, because I used cocoa and not chocolate...

I sprinkled some coconut on top...

They turned out soooo cute!!!!!!!!!

My mom's friends loved them!

No comments: