Friday 28 September 2012

Daring Bakers - September 2012

For the September Challenge we had a really good concept. It was chosen by Patriv from Asi son las cosas.
Empanadas!

We were given a few options on the dough and the filling choices were suggested, but pretty much left to our appetite!
So I made ground beef and cheese empanadas with a corn flour dough!

I made the ground beef sauce.
I left the dough to rise.
I put the dough in the pan using my hands, because it is not the type that can be rolled.
The cheese I used is Gouda.
Then the layer of beef (I strained it a bit, so that there wasn't much liquid).
G. is helping!
Ready to bake.
This is how it looks inside.


So easy to make and so good!!!!!!

Thank you for the Challenge Patriv!

3 comments:

What's for dessert? said...

Delicious empanada, great job on the challenge!

UFRV said...

Wow, you are one of the few who decided on the corn flour dough and you did a GREAT job! The filling looks awesome with the corn crust. Glad you liked it! Congrats on the challenge :)

Ruth Ellis said...

That looks fantastic - yum!