Monday 14 January 2013

Cinnamon Rolls (no yeast)!

Happy New Year!
Filled with hopes and resolutions, we must be optimistic and try to make 2013 a happy and healthy time!

Chistmas was gooood!
I had some time off work during Christmas week, so I got to spend it with G and my little girl.
As usual, we ate a lot, I baked a lot and now I am on a diet......

Any way...

I made cinnamon rolls, which I always wanted to make. You see I am a huge Cinnabon fan.
I found the recipe in a very informative post over at RecipeGirl!

Cinnamon Rolls
(slightly adapted)
for the fiiling:
8 tbsp butter
2 cups brown sugar (dark)
4 tsp ground cinnamon

for the dough:
240gr all purpose flour
2 tbsp white sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp butter
150gr milk
1 egg beaten

I didn't make any cream cheese frosting.

Preheat the oven to 200oC and spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray.
for the filling I doubled the quantities given in the recipe: combine the filling ingredients with a fork until a crumbly mixture is formed.

for the dough: whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Use the paddle attachment on your mixer to work the butter into the dry ingredients. Add the milk and the egg and stir to combine.
Roll the dough out on a floured surface into a rectangle. Sprinkle the filling evenly over the surface of the dough, leaving a 1/2 cm border all the way around.
Carefully roll up the rectangle (the dough will be soft!!!).
I used dental floss to cut the rolls, but a sharp knife will do the job. Carefully place the rolls in the prepared muffin tin.This way they will not spread and the filling will remain where it is supposed to, inside the dough!
Bake 20 to 25 min.
Serve the rolls warm with a little something on top.

You can make cream cheese frosting and drizzle it over or, as I did, drizzle with some home made cherries in syrup (a very classic Greek spoon sweet)!






.

These rolls are really tasty and oh so fragrant! When served warm, they are soft. They will harden a bit as the cool, but they are still nice, even on the next day... If you manage to keep any for the next day!
I doubled the amount of filling, because I like cinnamon, but you can make the regular amount.

I got really great comments on these! You simply have to try them!

P.S. Next stop: Cinnamon rolls with yeast.


No comments: