Wednesday 13 February 2013

Chocolate roll out cookies!

I have been trying to find a recipe for chocolate cookies that is good to roll out and cut and retain their shape NOT SPREAD!

After some attempts, I decided that Lilaloa's recipe is the one I will keep for ever....

Chocolate cookies

or as Lilaloa refers to them "the end - all for chocolate cookies".
slightly adapted


280gr butter
330gr white granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
150gr cocoa
380gr all purpose flour

Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time and then the vanilla.
Add salt and mix. Then add the cocoa and mix well, but do not over mix!
Add the flour, one cup at a time and blend well, again be careful not to over mix it.
Roll it between two sheets of parchment paper and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.

Cut cookies with a cookie cutter and bake for anywhere between 5 and 10 minutes, depending on the size of the cookies.

Notes:
I don't make the recipe exactly as Lilaloa does:
I do not use shortening.
I do not add any leavening agents.
I use the 3 1/2 cup flour not the 3 cup flour rule, because it works better for me.
Also, sometimes I add a tad more cocoa......




Check out this deep deep colour!


These cookies are G's AND Ioanna's favourites. She always asks me when I will make these "dark" cookies!

Well, they are my favourite too... I like to eat them when they are still hot, right out of the pan!

I wish I had a couple now....

No comments: