Friday 17 May 2013

Homemade Peanut Butter!

Peanut butter....
What can I say.... I love it! I can take a jar and eat it with a spoon! So naturally, as I like to make things myself, I tried to make my own peanut butter at home.

All it took was natural peanuts in their shells, which I opened, some salted peanuts, a little brown sugar and I added a pinch of salt in the end.
I like doing it this way, because I can regulate the salt to my liking as I make the peanut butter.

Home made peanut butter

 Put everything in your mixer, using the blades.
 Add 1 teaspoon brown sugar.
 Start pulsing and keep pulsing, keep pulsing, until you start to think that you have done something wrong and you've wasted all the ingredients and Oh, my God, my mixer is really warm....
 Just then the consistency changes... It becomes creamier.
 In the end this is what you want: Creamy peanut butter.
 Not all granules were mixed totally, so I ended up having tiny bits of peanut in the butter, which only made the terxture better (at least for me).




So good! Try to combine it with some apple slices and you have a really healthy snack!


Louise

No comments: