Wednesday 24 July 2013

Clafouti!

Black sweet cherries are my favourite!

At this time of year you can get them at any grocery store or even better, at a farmer's market.

I have a clafouti recipe, which I have been using for years and I couldn't find it! So I used a recipe from Epicurious.

Cherry clafouti
recipe adapted from here

65gr white sugar
30gr all purpose flour
2 eggs
150gr milk
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp orange zest
1/4 tsp salt
250gr sweet cherries, pitted
10gr butter in bits

* Preheat oven to 200oC.
* Mix sugar, flour, eggs, milk, vanilla, orange zest and salt together, until smooth.
* Arrange the cherries in a buttered deep baking dish and pour the custard over them.
* Bake for 25 minutes until the top is springy.
* Sprinkle the top of the clafouti with some sugar, dot it with the butter and broil it until the top is caramelised. Or you can use a kitchen torch, like for a creme brulee.



I dusted the top with confectioner's sugar to make it prettier, but you can omit that.

Really tasty and fragrant!

Louise

No comments: