Saturday 27 July 2013

Daring Bakers - July 2013! (Part 1)

This month was different....
The challenge was not chosen.....

No, we had to decide ourselves, what we wanted to make from all the previous challenges!!!

I was going through the recipes, but I couldn't make up my mind. So many to choose from!

Anyway, the challenge of August 2011, hosted by Lisa and Mandy, caught my eye.
The title? Candylicious!!!!

Oh yes!

I chose to make 2 candies from the book "Cookie Dough lover's cookbook" by Lindsay Landis.

1)
Peanut Butter cookie dough cups
slightly adapted

For the cookie dough:
75gr butter
75gr peanut butter (I didn't use smooth)
75gr granulated white sugar
110 gr brown sugar
2 tbsp condensed milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
120gr all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt

For the chocolate coating:
500gr dark chocolate

* Beat together butter, sugars and peanut butter until fluffy, about 3 min. Mix in milk and vanilla. Stir in flour and salt, until just incorporated. Set aside.
* Melt the chocolate.
* Use molds or small paper cups, like the ones for espresso coffee. Cover the bottom and sides of each paper cup with chocolate, using any tool that feels better. I used a teaspoon and a small offset spatula.
* Every paper cup you cover, put it immediately in the freezer (the freezer worked better for me) so that the chocolate will set.
* You will have used about half the chocolate by now.
* Take about 1 teaspoon of dough, depending on the size of your mold and roll it into a ball. Put it in the cup and press it gently. I used the side of my rolling pin, because it was the exact size.
* Top each cup with about 1/2 or 1 teaspoon of the remaining chocolate and spread it and tap it until it reaches the sides and the filling is completely covered.
* Chill in the fridge until firm and then remove the molds.

You must work in batches, so that the chocolate cups will not soften, while waiting their turn!



Sorry, I got busy and forgot to take pictures of how I applied the chocolate in the paper cups!








Very tasty and very presentable!

Next time I am thinking milk chocolate and sugar cookie dough...

Louise

End of part 1.

8 comments:

What's for dessert? said...

Looks delicious, great job on the challenge!

Ruth Ellis said...

These look amazing - love the idea of using paper cups to get them neat and uniform!

Rebecca - Bakenquilt.com said...

Love, love, love cookie dough! Those peanut butter cookie candies look wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Your peanut butter cups look so professional! Great idea to use a paper cup. Nice job :)

Louise said...

Paper cups were used out of necessity. I couldn't find any specialty molds!

Louise said...

Thanks for your kind comments!

Bourbonnatrix said...

I remember having so much fun with this challenge! Your peanut butter candies look perfect! Presentation is gorgeous and so are your pics ;)

l said...

Such an elegand presentation and great balance of filling and coating also!