So the second candy for the July challenge is fudge!
I kept on seeing it and reading about it, but never gave it a try, so this seemed like a great opportunity.
I will continue the raw cookie dough theme! The second candy I chose from the book "Cookie Dough lover's cookbook" by Lindsay Landis is: Fudge!
Chocolate chunk cookie dough fudge
recipe adapted from here
for the cookie dough:
55gr white sugar
55gr brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp evaporated milk
60gr all purpose flour
for the fudge:
75gr brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
75gr evaporated milk
800gr powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
150gr chocolate chunks
* Have a baking pan ready. Line it with parchment paper and leave an overhang on the sides. Mine is about 22x22cm.
* Make the cookie dough by combining butter and sugars. Beat them for 3 min.
* Mix in vanilla, salt and milk.
* Add the flour and mix until just incorporated.
* For the fudge combine the brown sugar, the butter, salt and milk in a saucepan and stir until the butter is melted and the sugar has dissolved.
* Remove from the heat.
* Mix in the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, until the mixture is smooth.
* Add the vanilla.
* Add 3/4 of the cookie dough and incorporate.
* When it is no longer warm to the touch, add in the chocolate chunks.
* Spread the fudge in the prepared pan.
* Then spread the remaining cookie dough and chill for at least 3 hours.
The fudge is really tasty. And as a kind of candy, you can play a lot with the different flavours.
It was a bit too sweet for me, though and I believe it is best cut into little squares, so that the sweetness will not overwhelm you and you can enjoy their taste!