Wednesday 16 October 2013

Whole wheat muffins with fruit!

I have a recipe for muffins, that I use all the time, especially when I want a quick breakfast (in the car while driving to work....) with low sugar.
The good thing about this recipe is that you can add any kind of fruit you like, fresh, dried, even nuts!

Low sugar whole wheat muffins

165gr whole wheat self rising flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 eggs
60gr butter
150gr milk
225gr grated fresh fruit
100gr dried fruit

Just mix everything together.
Bake in a preheated oven 190o C for about 20 minutes.


The ones in the picture have grated nectarine.
A combination that I love is with grated pear and raisins.

Also if you add synthetic sweetener instead of sugar, you can have muffins suitable for South Beach Phase II.

Did I mention they are super fast to make? And super tasty?


Louise

No comments: