Thursday 28 November 2013

Homemade Playdough!

Whenever I can, I make, create, bake, etc.
I believe that it is healthier and safer, when it comes to things for my child.

She likes playing with playdough, but the store bought is sticky, smelly, can't be cleaned properly from furniture and fabric and what if she swallows a piece?

So, I searched the web (well, Pinterest really!) and found a recipe, which I adapted to suit me.

Homemade Playdough
adapted from here

1 cup flour
1 cup water
2 tsp cream of tartar
1/3 cup salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
food colouring

* Mix all the ingredients, except the colour in a pot.
* Cook over low heat, stirring until it thickens.
* When it starts to gather around the spoon, remove the dough onto parchement paper.
* Wait a bit until you can handle the temperature and divide it into as many balls as you want to colour variate.
* Add little drops of colour and knead until you get the olour you want.
* Place them in food containers with lids.

Note that if left uncovered long, the dough will dry.

It is very easy to handle and you, ah hem ... your child will love to play with it!
.
.
.
.
.

No comments: