I decided that I will stop looking for a perfect recipe for chocolate chip cookies, because I have found it!
I kept on seeing a New York Times version recipe around the web, so I gave it a try. With more chocolate, of course!
Triple chocolate chip cookies
recipe slightly adapted from here
200gr all purpose flour
200gr bread flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp corn starch
2 tsp salt
290gr brown sugar
250gr white sugar
2 tsp vanilla
white, milk and dark chocolate chips (as much as you want!)
* Sit the flours, baking soda, baking powder, corn starch and salt.
* Beat butter and sugars, until creamy.
* Add eggs one at a time, mixing very well.
* Add the vanilla.
* Add the dry ingredients slowly and mix lightly, until just combined.
* Mix in the chocolate chips, using a spoon.
* Cover the bowl of the dough with cling film and refrigerate for up to 72 hours. I left mine in the fridge for about 40 hours. (YES, you read it correctly....)
* When you are ready to bake, preheat the oven to 180o C.
* Line your cookie pans with parchment paper.
* Roll pieces of dough into balls. You can choose how big or small.
* Bake until the edges are golden and the centre is lighter in colour and rather soft. The time depends on the size.
I rolled my dough to 30gr balls and baked them for 15 minutes, which was fine for me.
* Let the cookies on the cookie pan for 10 minutes, then transfer them on a wire rack to cool completely.
The fact that you let the dough in the fridge for this long is helping the flavour and I believe the texture, as well.
It is a trick, I tried for the first time!
The only thing is that you must plan ahead, to have enough time to let the dough rest!