Friday 10 January 2014

Chocolate chip cookies!

I decided that I will stop looking for a perfect recipe for chocolate chip cookies, because I have found it!

I kept on seeing a New York Times version recipe around the web, so I gave it a try. With more chocolate, of course!

Triple chocolate chip cookies
recipe slightly adapted from here


200gr all purpose flour
200gr bread flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp corn starch
2 tsp salt
290gr butter
290gr brown sugar
250gr white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
white, milk and dark chocolate chips (as much as you want!)

* Sit the flours, baking soda, baking powder, corn starch and salt.
* Beat butter and sugars, until creamy.
* Add eggs one at a time, mixing very well.
* Add the vanilla.
* Add the dry ingredients slowly and mix lightly, until just combined.
* Mix in the chocolate chips, using a spoon.
* Cover the bowl of the dough with cling film and refrigerate for up to 72 hours. I left mine in the fridge for about 40 hours. (YES, you read it correctly....)
* When you are ready to bake, preheat the oven to 180o C.
* Line your cookie pans with parchment paper.
* Roll pieces of dough into balls. You can choose how big or small.
* Bake until the edges are golden and the centre is lighter in colour and rather soft. The time depends on the size.
I rolled my dough to 30gr balls and baked them for 15 minutes, which was fine for me.
* Let the cookies on the cookie pan for 10 minutes, then transfer them on a wire rack to cool completely.




Seriously, EVERYBODY loved them. No more searching for me!

The fact that you let the dough in the fridge for this long is helping the flavour and I believe the texture, as well.
It is a trick, I tried for the first time!
The only thing is that you must plan ahead, to have enough time to let the dough rest!

Make them!!!!

Louise

No comments: