Wednesday 30 April 2014

Cauliflower mash - healthy and low carb!

Trying to eat healthy whenever you can is hard at first. And by that I mean it takes a little time to adjust your ways.

One of the first things I did was to replace the potato mash with cauliflower mash.

Seriously, I haven't used potatoes again. In fact, to me, it is a personal success, because G. now eats cauliflowers. Applause please! (he wouldn't touch it, ever...).

It is very simple to make.

* Boil your cauliflower florets with 1/2 onion in medium heat, until all the water has been absorbed.
* Drain very well (leave it in a sieve for a little while).
* Put it in the food processor along with butter, salt, pepper and dry garlic, quantities are measured according to your taste.
* Blitz until you have a puree.
* Serve with some pink Himalayan salt, while it is warm!



I like this salt coarse, it is very pretty on food!



Enjoy a healthy low carb side dish!

Louise!

No comments: