Wednesday 2 April 2014

S'mores Pops!

The combination of  Digestive biscuits, chocolate and marshmallows that you find in S'mores desserts sounds delicious.

I had never tried something, though....
So, after I made my vanilla marshmallows, I decided that the time had come for something S'mores!

S'mores Pops

small white vanilla marshmallows
dark chocolate, melted
Digestive biscuits, crushed in small crumbs
wooden skewers

* Inside each marshmallow push a wooden skewer.
* Pour the melted chocolate in a drinking glass and place the biscuit crumbs in a shallow dish.
* First dip the marshmallow pops in the chocolate, remove any excess chocolate and then quickly roll each
   pop in the biscuit crumbs.
* Let the pops stand and dry completely.


They are very tasty!
It is a really fun treat for a party and very popular among kids!

Oh, they freeze very well! I had some left overs from a party and popped them in the freezer. About 10 days later I took one out and ate it right away. One I left to defrost a bit and it was fine too!

The best thing, though, is that I removed them from the skewers and stuffed them in chocolate chip cookies...
Can you imagine the taste and the gooeyiness? (no pictures, the cookies didn't last that long...)

Louise!

No comments: