Monday 10 November 2014

Pomegranate jam!

My mother-in-law gave a lot of pomegranates! Like 12 fruits!

We ate a couple fresh... Ioanna especially loves these little ruby seeds!

I still had a lot left, so what do I always do? I make jam!

Thankfully I have a Kenwood Breadmaker, which also makes jam.

I used fruit and sugar in equal quantities, a little lemon juice and a tbsp butter. Pressed the button and after 1 1/2 hours it is ready!



 It is very tasty and sweet, but not in a heavy sugary way.



I am already thinking of a semi sweet tart filled with this lovely jam, drizzled with cream cheese..

Enjoy!


** Note: If you want to make this jam in a pot, you can you these ingredients. Put them in a pot, bring to a boil and then lower the temp. You need to be near the pot, stirring constantly, because it can stick to the bottom and rise over the top of the pot! It is a more difficult process... Try it at your own risk and BE CAREFUL not to burn yourself!!!!


Louise.

No comments: