Thursday 5 March 2015

"Welcome Baby" Sugar Cookies!

A very dear friend of mine gave birth to a little baby girl. I did buy a present for the baby, but I wanted to make something special and sweet for her as well.

Sugar Cookies (!!!) in the theme of a new baby!

I used my trusted recipe for sugar cookies and I decorated them with royal icing, for which I used raw egg whites. Of course I kept them in the fridge, which made them a little hard, but I don't like the taste of meringue powder......
I cannot remember now how many seconds was the consistency of the RI, I think it was 15 - 20 sec., but it was one, because I like outlining and flooding with the same consistency, so as not to have distinct borders. 

For the shapes I printed and cut templates, because I couldn't find cookie cutters in a short period of time.

Before I start decorating, I make sketches, so as to have the image in my mind.

(excuse the pictures, it was late at night, because decorating cookies and dealing with a 5 year old in the kitchen don't go well together...)
I chose a purple and white colour scheme. Pink I don't like so much....
I chose the heart, the baby bottle, the onesie, the play cubes and the word BABY!


I must admit that it was the first time I made such elaborate designs and I liked how they turned out!


Louise

No comments: